News and Events
|Announcements, Events and Presentations|
|April 3, 2017||
AACR 2017 Annual Meeting, Session Title: "NCI’s Center for Cancer Genomics and Cloud Pilots Initiatives: Using Large-Scale Data to Advance Precision Oncology"
|March 27, 2017||AMIA Joint Summits Panels, Session Title: "NIH Data Repositories and Cloud Resources: NCI Genomic Data Commons, NCI Cancer Genomics Cloud Pilots and NIH Commons Credits (SO8)"|
|February 20, 2017||Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference, Session Title: "Data Annotation and Retrieval - Standards, Accessibility from the Cloud and Security"|
|October 17, 2016||
Vice President Biden today announced an NCI collaboration with two Commercial Cloud Providers — Amazon and Microsoft — which will each host a copy of the genomic data maintained at the GDC, at no cost for two years. The NCI intends to make the data on these clouds accessible to researchers through the GDC and CGC Pilots, and to partner with the cloud providers to understand data usage patterns and plan for future sustainability. Learn more.
DREAM Challenge is now open. Register online
|May 24-25, 2016||Cancer Genomics Cloud Workshop|
|April 1-3, 2016||Seven Bridges Genomics Hackathon
Join other biomedical informaticists in developing open-sourced tools to analyze cancer data on the NCI Cloud Register online
|January 20, 2016||
CBIIT Seaker Series: Gad Getz
|January 6, 2016||CBIIT Speaker Series: Brandi Davis-Dusenbery, Scalable, Collaborative, Reproducible, and Extensible Analysis of TCGA Data in the Cloud.|
|December 9, 2015||CBIIT Speaker Series: Ilya Shmulevich,
The Institute for Systems Biology Cancer Genomics Cloud.
Watch the full presentation on YouTube.
|November 10, 2015||Google Hangout: Cancer Informatics: Expanding Access to Data|
|November 4, 2015||CBIIT Speaker Series: Robert Grossman,
Large Scale Data Commons for Genomic and Clinical Data.
Watch the full presentation on YouTube.
- International Team Launches Community Competition to Unravel how Cancer Changes a Cell's RNA. OICRNEWS, July 14, 2016.
- Intel's Cancer Cloud: Complementing NCI Collaboration. Bio-IT World, July 11, 2016.
- Seven Bridges Wins Bio-IT World Best of Show Award for Cancer Genomics Cloud. Business Wire, April 8, 2016.
- Begley, Sharon. Cancer Research Moves to the Cloud to Improve Pilot Care. STAT, February 17, 2016.
- Seven Bridges Goes Live with Cancer Genomics Cloud Pilot. Business Wire, February 16, 2016.
- Krol, Aaron. Seven Bridges Unveils Cancer Genomics Cloud, Takes on Private Funding. Bio-IT World February 16, 2016.
- Taylor, Nick Paul. Seven Bridges Raises $45M to Fuel Drive to be the Backbone of Large-Scale Genome Projects. FierceBiotechIT February 16, 2016.
- U.G. Thomas, Cancer Genomics Cloud Pilot Developers Provide Update, Open Up Platforms for Early Testing, GenomeWeb, November 20, 2015.
- NIH to Fund Research Testing Cancer Genomics Cloud Pilots, GenomeWeb, July 27, 2015.
- Infrastructure to the Cloud, BioInform, October 31, 2014.
- U.G. Thomas, Seven Bridges Gets NCI Cloud Pilot Contract, Tailoring its Own AWS-based System for Cancer Research, BioInform, October 24, 2014.
- Google Teams Up to Put Cancer Genome Research Up in the Cloud, NBCNews.com, accessed October 16, 2014.
- ISB Gets $6.5 Million from NCI, Technology Networks, October 14, 2014.
- N.P. Taylor, Institute for Systems Biology (ISB) teams with Google for NCI Cancer Genomics Cloud project, FierceBiotechIT, October 13, 2014.
- U.G. Thomas, NCI Contracts ISB, Google, SRA Team to Develop Infrastructure for Cancer Genomics Cloud Pilots, BioInform, October 10, 2014.
- NIH Seeks to Develop Cancer Genomics Cloud to Boost Data Access, iHealthBeat, January 27, 2014.
- A. Brino, Feds Gird for Cancer Genomics Clouds. Government Health IT, January 24, 2014.
- N.P. Taylor, The NCI is Offering $20M to Pilot Projects That Move Cancer Genomics Into the Cloud. FierceBiotechIT, January 22, 2014.
- U.G. Thomas, NCI Begins Accepting Proposals for Cancer Genomics Cloud Pilots. BioInform, January 17, 2014
- C. Marsan, NCI Cracks Open Cancer Research By Moving It to the Cloud. Government Computing News (GCN), January 7, 2014.